Friday, April 10, 2009

Temptations


Temptations. And I dont mean the singing ones.

They are all around us. Lets go through my temptations for today.

First, our group was thanked for getting a project completed quickly with Donuts. Donuts are a bad temptation.

Next, every day at noon, one of the translators sets out a fishbowl full of mini candy bars. It is WAY too easy to just grab one as you walk past.

Then at lunch, going to Crossroads Mall, there is all sorts of Asian food, deep fried, and desserts.

Then my wonderful Fiance suggests pizza and dessert for a "date night at home". (To be fair, she is usually VERY good with diet, just a weak moment today)

Its just too easy to cave in to some or all of these temptations. I was pretty good today, and even managed to avoid "popcorn" Friday, where everyone gets popcorn freshly popped.


Its way too easy to just sit around, play games, and snack. Same at work, where you can just sit at your desk and munch all day, and no one notices.

My worst temptation? Asian food. By far, I have some sort of inhuman craving for Asian food. Thai, Teriyaki, Chinese, it doesn't really matter, Ill take it all. Someone last night was eating Phad Thai right next to my head. I was dying.

What is your worst temptation, and how do YOU resist?

3 comments:

Emily said...

Bringing your lunch with you to work helps with the mall temptations :)

My husband works in grocery stores. I would weigh 500 lbs if I worked in grocery stores. All those peanut butter cups and nobody to eat them...

Teresa said...

I'm sorry!!! I caved:(, in my defense, how long has it been since we did Friday Night movie night? 2years? :)

I can resist the temptations when they are in the store/restaurant, but if they are in the house, like when my WONDERFUL fiancé buys the yummies, then I am woefully bad and eat them.

I just don't buy them and I have gum to chew on, it makes you feel like you are snacking and not eating the calories.

That, and I eat on regular basis...every 3 hours, if you satisfy your body on a regular basis, it's easier to resist!

Jessica said...

Salt. I don't really crave much except salt, which is bad - because salt makes you retain water, which makes you look bigger than you really are. (Yeah, YOU, ankles...)

I love popcorn (microwave 94% fat-free is good!), I love pretzels, I love anything salty. Pickles? Hells yes!

It's really difficult to live with someone who needs to gain weight, and who eats approx. 4,000 calories per day. I try to keep under 1,500 and usually fail, but not for lack of trying.

T is right - eat often and it's easier. Lately I have been awful at this. I'm on-site with clients and it's kind of not ok to constantly eat while you're in mtgs with VPs and stuff, ya know? :)

I can usually resist if it's in a store or restaurant - because I have this screwed up self image that tells me "don't touch that! someone will see you and think you're fat!" - which is STUPID!

I try to drink as much water/iced tea/crystal light as possible, snack often (which is hard for me), eat veggies & fruits more (Also hard due to stomach probs) and cut out fats, aside from EVOO and avocado/nut fats.