Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Beginning

Hi Everyone. First off, thanks for visiting and reading my blog. This is absolutely a first attempt to put things out there, and document my journey.

Now, fair warning. Not every post will be about weight loss. I'm a gamer, and posts will be on a large swath of topics, including games, weight loss, Seattle, poker, etc.

So here's the scoop. I'm a big guy, weighing at just under 400lbs now. It pains me to even type that, to admit that I have let things get out of control for that long.

I miss being able to go outside and do stuff and not stress about my size. I miss not worrying about getting a booth at a restaurant that I cannot fit into. I hate that going up 2 flights of stairs makes me winded.

My problem is, I like food. I like eating. Its a relaxing pastime for me, and I enjoy so many different cuisines. After high school and when I left my parents house, eating out was such a treat. I became addicted to going and getting burgers, or Chinese.

Im getting into Weight Watchers this week, and Im going to try to start excercising. Part of the issue is that my hobbies have me sitting around (Magic: The Gathering, Poker, tabletop games), and my job has me sitting most of the day. I need to find a way to be more active without compromising my lifestyle.

In any event, I hope you enjoy reading this blog. I intend to update it daily, with whatever is on my mind.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey D - first of all, congrats! It's never easy, and I think you'll find WW is pretty easy to do. You can literally have whatever you want - and since you're a guy and have a bit to lose, you'll probably get like 50 points a day! =)

My mom has lost about 70 lbs with WW, AND has not gained it back, and my uncle (about 400 lbs himself) is starting to drip it off since he joined a couple months ago. Good job! :D